Thursday, December 22, 2016

American Bulldog Oil Painting



American Bulldog Portrait
8 x 10 Oil
© 2016 Carole Rodrigue
SOLD


 This American Bulldog was a loyal, loving, and gentle family pet that passed a few years ago.   The portrait was commissioned as a special gift.  I'm told she was such a loved dog and is missed very much, so I hope this painting brings joy for many years to come.  I cannot express how much I enjoyed painting this one.  There were so many interesting variations in colour and capturing the gentleness in the eye  was important for me.  I also deliberately painted very soft edges around her head to create the gentle air I'm told this girl had.

I've more portraits to show after the holidays, but I couldn't wait to show this one, and it's safe to do so.  I hope you enjoyed this painting, and have a very Merry Christmas!



No comments: